Events Manager; Race For Research 5K Run/Walk Program
Organization: Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation, (MMRF)
Salary Range: $80-$100K DOE
Date Submitted: 6/19/2012
Title: Events Manager; Race For Research 5K Run/Walk Program
Reports to: Director of Events
Department: Race for Research
Location: Norwalk, CT
Company Overview: The Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF) relentlessly pursues innovative means that accelerate the development of next-generation multiple myeloma treatments to extend the lives of patients and lead to a cure. When the MMRF was founded in 1998, patients with multiple myeloma had little hope. There was very little research on the disease. The same drugs had been used for several decades, with no new innovations on the horizon. As a result, patients had a life expectancy of only 3 years. Since then, the MMRF’s urgent and revolutionary work with researchers, clinicians, and partners in the biotech and pharmaceutical industries has sparked new hope for patients and dramatically changed the treatment landscape.
Position Overview: The Race For Research Events Manager will be responsible for overseeing the MMRF’s 9-city 5K Run/Walk program, of both event fundraising, individual and corporate cultivation and awareness relationship building. The R4R Events Manager will oversee the leadership and management of current and future events as well as donor cultivation to assist the MMRF in achieving the strategic goals and the company’s mission. The individual will manage major races throughout the country and supervise a Race Coordinator responsible for other races. In addition, the position coordinates volunteer recruitment, participant recruitment, corporate sponsorship, team income goals and event logistics.
· Develop and implement a plan of operations for assigned races which includes a specific budget, timeline, logistics, volunteer activities and recruitment, marketing and sponsorship plan for each event.
· Develop and maintain relationship with key corporate and civic community leaders, organizations, and associations.
· Recruit cultivate and sustain volunteer relationships and community presence in support of our mission.
· Manage and assure that media, material, in-kind and cash sponsorships are secured through a coordinated plan that includes proposal development, prospect identification, cultivation, retention and recognition.
· Professionally and effectively represent the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation and its mission to the public, volunteers, and other entities.
· Develop the budget and maintain control over expenditures and assure sound fiscal management.
· Cultivate and maintain relationships with individuals involved with the events to encourage continual & escalating financial support.
· Develop and maintain relationships with Corporate, Legislative, Health, public information and community leadership to establish MMRF as a leader in the fight against myeloma.
· Provide leadership to volunteers to successfully achieve foundation goals and objectives
· Direct the cultivation and meaningful involvement of volunteers at all levels in income producing activities
· Develop and coordinate promotional activities to ensure the success of events and to enhance public awareness of the Foundation and its mission.
· Oversee, train and communicate all aspects of pre-event operations such as outreach, recruitment, and coordination of participants
· Research and identify new fundraising sources, with initial emphasis on race series.
· Demonstrate a sensible and strategic approach to engagement via social networks to expand and develop donor base.
· Identify, recruit and manage volunteer leaders/committees and individuals to maximize financial and fundraising goals.
· Develop and prepare proposals with other fundraising staff for individuals, corporations, and foundations.
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· 5-7 years of development/events fundraising experience required
· Excellent verbal & written communication skills; strong organizational skills; detail and interpersonal skills; good presentation skills
· Demonstrated ability to provide impeccable customer support
· Demonstrated project management skills including prioritizing projects with multiple and often competing deadlines; ability to work under pressure
Core customers and key relationships
Ø Event Participants
Interested applicants please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Research Foundation (MMRF)
383 Main Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06851
This is a non-profit organization.
Name: Nicole Barnabei
Title: Human Resources Consultant
Address: PO Box 3717
Woodbridge, Connecticut 06525
Phone: 888-297-6551 x 40